It is strange to change the web address after all these years, but the change had largely to do with taking our last name out of the blog address. The internet has completely altered our concept of privacy, and though I don't entirely understand why, it felt like the right thing and right time to make a change. This is the same exact blog, minus a few posts also edited out for those privacy reasons mentioned above.
Because I am trying new things right now, and because you made the move over here, I am going to host my very first give-away! Truth be told, it makes me nervous. It feels like peeling a piece of me right off the page and sending it tangibly into your living room. Wait - that is exactly what it is. No wonder I feel nervous.
In my last post I mentioned that it took me all summer to hang some picture frames in my hallway. One reason it took so long is that the frames were all salvaged from a box in the barn which held outdated photos and frames from the last two decades of our lives. Going through the box was a project all on its own, including the eviction of a large black widow. The real investment of time was spent updating the mostly wooden and metallic silver frames with white chalk paint. Chalk paint will adhere to any surface, and if you are interested you can read my novice opinion about chalk paint here. Once painted, I sanded the frames down for a weathered look. It became a therapeutic project that I worked on in the backyard while my children self-entertained around me. Which essentially means that I had chunks of around five minutes at a time before being interupted, sometimes not picking up again until a day or two later.
The hallway did finally came together.
And I prayed for that same kind of joy in the heart of whoever takes this home. Know this item has had blessings prayed over it. May JOY be yours in its fullest form.
| GIVE-AWAY item 5x7 size |
To enter for this give-away: all you need to do is LEAVE ME A COMMENT below so that I know you have the new web address!
- If you don't want to leave a public comment, you may email me or facebook message me instead.
- If you don't have a google id you can leave an "Anonymous" comment, but please include your name so I know who you are!
- You have until the Sunday after Thanksgiving to enter (November 29). The winner will be drawn raffle style in a fair and impartial way.
**********
GIVE-AWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
The winner is Emily! Congratulations, you can see the official announcement here.
Thank you to all who participated!
(Updated 12/1/2014)
**********
Also, please update your saved pages, bookmarks, and/or "Follow" this blog publicly or via email using the feeds on the sidebar (over to the right). It is also on bloglovin.
Let me use this as an opportunity to say thank you to those of you who read along and find joy sharing in the journey of our family and our faith.
Many blessings,
Ashley
Pick me! :) this is Ali, one of your fans :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it. ;)
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing, Ashley! Love reading your blog!
ReplyDeleteThese are special picture frames for very special subjects!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is one of my very favorites! Nicely done with the chalk paint too, love that stuff :)
ReplyDeleteI read your blog all the way from cold Montana! I love reading your Christ-centered, thoughful words. They are uplifting and powerful. You are amazing! : )
ReplyDeleteThank you Sarah! This means a lot to me. I am so encouraged to know that you are uplifted by sharing in a little of our journey. Don't be a stranger!
Deleteooh pick me! Although I may ask for one for my bday if I don't win it anyway :)
ReplyDeleteHi Mrs. Negard :) Your drawing is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate to your motherhood experience! I'd love to win your art and visit with you and introduce our children. The farm seems amazing! I know just where I'd hang it. I just completed a framing project too!
ReplyDeleteLove this! You have such great insight into life! Audrey M.
ReplyDeleteLovely picture, Ash! I've updated my blog reader, so I can continue to follow your thoughts on your beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteI am encouraged by your thoughtful, prayerful journey & I look forward to reading more.
ReplyDeleteAshley, your blog is lovely - and so is your home! I've only read two of your posts so far and I'm already encouraged by your words. So thankful to be getting to know you! (Kristen Davis)
ReplyDelete